Advantages of Fiber Optic Cables over Copper Cables
We have enumerated various valid reasons why companies and IT professionals choose fiber optic cables over the copper cables. Using fiber cables can lead to a greater return of investment. Keep these following advantages in mind when deciding whether to choose copper or fiber cabling.
We wonder what is all the fuss about fiber vs copper cable when copper seems to have been the go-to standard for cabling for so many years? Fibre optic cable is one of the fastest-growing transmission mediums for both new cabling installations and upgrades. Compared to wired cables, fiber optic cables provide higher bandwidth and can transmit data over longer distances. Fiber optic cable is thin, lightweight, and is highly efficient in its design. Where cable wiring bundles may have previously taken up a great deal of space within an office or area, fiber optic cables will require only a fraction of the same space.
Are you planning a new structured cabling installation? Then, here are some points to refer structured data cabling and check in
Advantages of copper cables:
- The electronics are less expensive when compare to fiber cables.
- Good flexibility due to the copper infrastructure than fiber.
- In surveillance cameras, wireless access points, power phones, all include a copper wire in it
- The continuous powering mission-critical mission is possible for emergency availability.
Advantages of fiber optic cables
- The fiber cables are with better bandwidth and performance is standardized.
- These decide the speed up to a distance of 62.5 or 50 microns information in it.
- The accurate information is passed over in a short time.
- Since it covers a higher distance that is from 300 meters to 40 kilometers whereas copper cable reaches a maximum of 100 meters without a booster and double. Thus a better performance is seen in live.
- Though there are susceptible factors favouring temperature fluctuations than copper. The ignition temperature is late and if you are up to holding an industry, then there is no worry about flaming and can be submerged in water as it holds good resistance and reliability.
- Though the wire is thinner the signal passing is 10 times faster; the durability and size of the wire are less space consuming, easier to handle.
- These are more flexible than copper wires and panel incorporate different cassettes for cable types.
- Though not as low as copper cables are affordable. Though it’s costly for now, but for the long run and durability, they are very efficient and less free time and reduced circulate hardware.
Data cabling is very important for our daily life.